10 Ways to Make Your Child Prefer Healthy FoodFebruary 21, 2019
Healthy Food, we need a lot of flexibility and patience to instill any healthy habit in ourselves and our children. The most important of these habits is healthy eating
Parents often refuse children to eat healthy food, but first of all, we must know that indirectly we have grown in love with unhealthy foods such as sweets and fast food, by making them rewarded for excellence or a favorite act of travel and travel. But with awareness we can, God willing, overcome bad habits and replace them with healthy habits and sound.
Ways to help your child get healthy food
1: instill initial awareness
This stage is theoretically akin to making the child aware that there is useful food and harmful food, and that our choice and awareness is the one who determines it.
- Watch clips that encourage healthy food and warn unhealthily.
- Read stories and experiences for people who have succeeded in making their lives free of food toxins.
- Teach the child the benefits of each food group in a simplified and loving way.
2: Participation in the choice of decision
Let us agree that unhealthy food is a kind of pleasure and joy and that on a day and night we tell our children that it is forbidden not by the right decision, and perhaps the result is the opposite, so we must share with them the decision. This is what we will do by applying the rule of instilling the initial awareness.
But how do we share decision-making?
- Make a list of daily meals and meals with your child’s participation.
- We allow them to participate in shopping and cooking.
- We make our choices specific about dessert or open day.
- We put alternatives to every food that the child refuses to agree with.
3: flexibility and patience in dealing, especially in the beginning
Often the reaction of the child is the same as when we present the order or the way we walk. The calmer and balanced we are, the quicker the child will respond, and not at the point of ordering it, but when he makes mistakes, who will not make mistakes? So they should be dealt with greater flexibility and acceptance.
4: The skill of discussion and asking questions
One of the things that make the child think and respond to parents is his sense of turn and that there are those who hear and take his opinion.
How do we apply them?
- Question the child when convinced that sweets harmful .. What alternative?
- His question is to choose the meal and the food with healthy and specific options.
- Suspense some information by asking them a question or puzzle.
5: appreciation and respect for his mind and feelings
Children like us completely have a heart feel and a mind understands, and ignoring them is not something that is never loved, and often the child likes to imitate others whether it is in the right or wrong things.
So we have to appreciate both his feelings and his mind through
- “We feel like he likes sweets and he shares his friends with it. We try to find a healthy solution by making them at home or replacing them with natural sweets.
- (I know you are angry because we did not go to your favorite restaurant, I also feel sad because I do not eat sweets with my friends). We tell the child that we appreciate his feelings and try to find health solutions to combine our happiness and health.
6: Realism in attitudes
If the child refuses some food or does not complete the meal, it is natural that he is starving after a short time or feels tired or headache, there is no need to flog him with reprimand and conscience, just tell him that this is normal because we did not eat enough of our body, and next time we will not leave The table was only finished we had the food in our own dish and if we wanted to do we would put the rest of our food in a place to save it until we get back to it while we feel hungry again.
7: The gradual change
Graduation in the implantation of healthy habits makes them over time contending with bad habits, and that with increasing the child’s love for healthy food and the diversity of its varieties a little away from unhealthy food.
But how is the gradient?
- Increase in fruit rations and diversity in the provision of salads, frozen and frozen sweets.
- Competition of some fast food items with healthy ingredients.
- Concentrate each period on a food group and try to replace all that was unhealthy and replace it with what is healthy.
- Leave room for error and days that we can fail to make all the meals healthy but not more than two meals each week.
8: To be a role model
This is one of the most effective ways to implant properly. There are a lot of bad habits that we leave behind. Our children leave it unconsciously, and it makes no sense to tell our children not to eat what we eat day and night. If it happens in the wrong way, we will not regret it. that.
9: Encouraging and positive police engagement
In every healthy step the child is encouraged to do, however small, and tell him that he can persist and do most of it with giving gifts to him at intervals, and also try to link the positive results with the health acts, which is called the link positive condition.
- Connect your child to share the fruit with his wonderful performance in his exercise.
- He made sure he ate breakfast and his quick understanding and increased concentration in school.
- Combine some types of food and some of your child’s concerns, such as protein increases muscle, vegetables and fruits prevent hair loss, some fruits increase immunity and reduce the duration of some diseases.
- Activities and games have a role in increasing the child’s desire
It is OK to communicate information to the child with different ideas filled with creativity and fun.
There are many activities dedicated to this, such as:
- Rainbow activity.
- Traffic signal activity.
- Class activity or so-called global (myplate)
- Distribution of food on body parts.
- Explanation of the food pyramid.
- Choose the ingredients of the food basket itself.
In each method or skill followed, there are several things to do:
- To rely on the child to acquire a skill and a good recipe, which makes him enthusiastic to do and increase his self-confidence.
- Not to be free from the spirit of participation and to offer love and appreciation to him, so that they are not just orders and implementation without discussion.
- That there is respect in both the presentation to the child or in their implementation, there is no punishment or violence in their application.
We must know that any wrong habit requires a lot of time, patience and flexibility to replace it with a good habit. A healthy life is full of striving, patience, learning from mistakes and finding suitable alternatives for us so that we do not feel deprived and depend on God at every step. For us and for our children.